1. What is SAMPADA?
SAMPADA is a certification program for students learning Indian Music and Dance. SAMAPADA certification is bestowed by SiliconAndhra in affiliation with Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University (PSTU), a NAAC accredited institution.
2. Why should I enroll in the SAMPADA Certificate program?
Making the personal investment in a certificate program shows your commitment and increases your value in the field . Achieving a certificate can give you a competitive edge in receiving program opportunities. It also shows your seriousness in the art form during your college application process.
3. Who prepares students for the SAMPADA Examinations?
Gurus themselves teach and prepare their students for the Certificate exams.
4. Can I take SAMPADA Exam if my Guru is not affiliated?
Yes, you can take the SAMPADA exam even if your teacher is not affiliated with the program. However, we encourage you to approach your Guru along with your fellow students to convince them to affiliate their school. This will allow you to get additional help.
5. How can I prepare for the Examinations if my Guru doesn’t have time to teach for the exam?
After registering, you will receive the structured materials (textbooks and links to video and audio files). You will have an account setup on Canvas learning management system to access the audio and video resources; you can login and prepare for the exam.
6. How many levels are there in SAMPADA Certification?
There are four levels in the certification: Level-1, Level-2, Level-3, and Level-4. You achieve Junior certification in your art form after taking and clearing Level-1 and Level-2 exams. Senior
certification is achieved by taking Level-3 and Level-4 exams.
7. How long does it take to achieve Junior Level and Senior Level Certification?
How long does it take to achieve Junior Level Certification? 2 years.
How long does it take to achieve Senior Level Certification? 2 years after achieving the
Junior Level Certification
8. How long does it take to achieve Senior Level Certification?
2 years after achieving the Junior Level Certification
9. Who awards Junior Level and Senior Level Certifications?
Silicon Andhra, in affiliation with Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University (PSTU), awards the certificates. Alongside the Certification, you will receive 16 credit hours from Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University (PSTU)
10. Can I apply SAMPADA certification towards a-g requirements of high school?
Silicon Andhra is currently working with accreditation agencies for the future consideration of SAMPADA for a-g credits. This is still in a work in progress but we sincerely hope to have updates soon.
11. I want to learn Indian classical music and dance, do you offer any classes ?
13. If I am learning from my Guru for the exam why should I pay course fee?
Silicon Andhra SAMPADA is a nonprofit 501(c) organization. The fee paid is used for textbooks, audio and video materials, PSTU exam fee, administration charges and perational expenses to conduct the exams.
12. What is the course fee for SAMPADA?
For taking each level the course fee is $300. The registration fee is $50 (paid only once before registering for Level 1)
14. Are the credits I earn are transferable to college?
Credits (16 credits after passing Junior Level and 16 credits after passing Senior Level) are awarded by Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University (PSTU), Hyderabad, India. Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University is accredited by University Grants Commission and has been in service for more than 30 years. While the credits are not transferable to other universities, they nevertheless showcase your seriousness towards the art form and structured learning from
an accredited university.
15. Do you provide a sample question paper for the exam?
Yes, a sample paper of both theory and practical portions of the exam is available on the Canvas learning management system.
16. If my Guru follows a different style other than the style indicated in the audio and video materials, am I expected to follow the style of the modules?
No, video and audio material is provided for reference. You can follow your Guru’s style and will be judged only on your understanding of the material. In the case of dance, you can follow your Guru’s choreography and are not expected to do the same choreography as in the videos. In music, you can follow the pathanthara rendition of your guru. As long as your sahityam and rendition is technically singing correct, it will be accepted.
17. What benefits do Gurus get by affiliating to SAMPADA program?
You can access the course material and progress of the students by affiliating to SAMPADA.
18. I teach only to a few students out of passion. Can I still affiliate to the SAMPADA program.
Yes, You can affiliate to SAMPADA from here.