Date of Exam October 15, 2017
||Time of Exam
||1521 California Circle, Milpitas CA 95035
|| Deenababu Kondbhatla (408)-205-5527
||14330 Charter Landing Dr Midlothian, VA 23114
||Subbaraju Sagiraju (517) 803 6675
||21683 Channing ct., Ashburn, VA 20147
||Madhuri Dasari (703) 608 1696
||921 Elizabeth Dr , Streamwood ,IL 60107
||Padma Vellanki (224) 828 1336
||8504 Dianthus Ct #103 Charlotte NC 28277
||Abhijit CHitti (713) 352 9991
|St. Louis (MO)
||Renaud Spirit Center, 2650 Tri Sports Circle,
O’Fallon, MO - 63368
| Soujanya Katari (636) 293 4685
Here are some of the guidelines for SAMPADA skip level assessment exam being held on dates Oct 15th & Nov 11th.
1. The skip level exam contains two parts: Written and Practical
2. Each paper will be for a maximum of 100 marks
3. Duration of the exam: Theory 90 minutes , Practical 30-45 minutes
Note: Depending upon the location and the number of students taking the exam, you might be required to stay for 4-5 hours at the exam center.
4. Student need to score at least 35% in both theory and practical to pass the test.
5.The practical exam will be conducted in person or online using skype.
6.Bring snack or drink in case the test takes longer.
7. Theory paper may contain multiple choice questions, fill in the blanks, matching, short answer and long answer questions.
8. Costumes and make up is not needed for the practical exam.The students will be asked to perform on the content defined in the syllabus.
9. Results will be published on the website within a week of the examination date.
Level 1 Practical Exam Guidelines for Carnatic Vocal/Flute/Violin/Veena:
1.Students will be tested in all concepts of the syllabus
2. In each concept marks are awarded based on five parameters
(1. Shruti 2. Laya 3. Text 4. Diction 5. Melody )
3.Text means the lyrical part of composition, diction means accent and pronunciation of the lyrics. If there are no lyrics then the swaras itself treated as text and the way they are being pronounced is diction.
4.Text and Diction can be tested together for vocal students though examiner will award marks for individual sections
5. For instruments, examiner will ask students to narrate or speak out the lyric portion wherever applicable to award marks in text part, for diction part- examiner should award marks based on accent, Sahithya Bhavam and instrument playing Technic.
6. In each concept there will be student’s and examiner's choice and the average of these two will fetch the final marks of that particular concept. Except the ‘Swara Pallavi’ section since there is only one composition.
7. Examiner will ensure that student is capable of singing in 3 speeds in each concept though it's not necessary that both student’s choice and examiner choice items to be sung in 3 speeds.
8. Examiner choice should be only within the syllabus
9. Geetams can be from the Syllabus or any of the equivalent Geethams within same Raga. In such case examiner should take the list of the Geethams (out of prescribed syllabus) from the student.